2016 ND Bred Program
$225,000 has been made available by the ND Racing Commission from the ND Breed Fund to provide breeders awards for 2016 in-state racing. The in-state minimum guaranteed Breed Fund pool of $150,000 has been extended an additional year through 2019.
$50,000 has been made available by the ND Racing Commission from the ND Breed Fund to provide breeders awards for ND-breds racing in out-of-state races. The following rules apply:
- Points will be awarded January 1 through June 2 and August 5 through October 30, 2016;
- No out-of-state points will be awarded for races held June 3 through August 4, 2016;
- Distributions shall be in accordance with current in-state rules;
- It is the responsibility of the foal/mare/stallion owner to provide the Commission with out-of-state race results;
- Only official race results from Equibase, Daily Racing Form, or Trueform Racing Services will be accepted and must be sent to the ND Racing Commission Office;
- All results must be postmarked no later than October 31, 2016.
No out-of-state points can be awarded for dates beyond October 30, 2016 due to NDCC 53-06.2-11(6) which requires that Breed Fund money needs to be distributed in the same calendar year it is earned. In order to comply with this state statute, the Breed Fund administrator needs the last month and a half to two months in order to calculate awards. In order to alleviate this problem a change to statute would be required.